Monday, May 12, 2008

Tired and Hungry


6:20 p.m. Tonight is a that I would normally eat way too much. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm cranky. But I came home and ate the artichoke that was in my fridge to stave off the hunger so that I could make a clear decision about dinner. And, I'm having a glass of wine, which is also helping stave off the hunger.

I bought a food scale today. So I weighed out the shrimp for my fajitas, and I cut the zucchini, mushrooms and onion, and I measured one teaspoon of oil into the pan and then I dutifully entered everything into Sparkpeople (including the wine, allowing for another glass) assuming it would just be tons of calories, but it is still within my range. So I guess even though I sometimes want to just eat without having to track every blessed thing, tracking is good because it shows me that sometimes what I want to eat is what is actually good and appropriate to eat. (And the food scale just informed me that 6 oz. of frozen shrimp = 3 7/8 oz. of actual shrimp. That is good to know.) And tracking is necessary right now. And tracking is doing good things for me.

---

Ok, these fajitas are awesome. There is no avocado, no cheese, just a dab of Fage Yogurt but they are so tasty. And so filling and so many vegetables. And now I am neither hungry nor cranky. But I am still tired and since OLP is making me walk tomorrow, too, I will go to bed early.

---

Aw, man, I just found out that I am missing Taco Night at the Boy's house. His neighbor, Young Kevin, and his girlfriend and his brother are going over for tacos. But I am too tired and not prepared and made him promise that he would give me advance notice of the next Taco Night so that I can be there to meet The Girlfriend. There is always a lot of drama with Young Kevin and his girlfriend.

I bought Pasta Queen's book, Half-Assed at Barnes and Noble and can't wait to start reading it.

And I'm not really going to bed at 7:30 p.m. I just happen to be in bed at this hour to read my new book.

1 comment:

Roni said...

I just started her book too! So good!