Friday, May 30, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I went for a bike ride this morning.  My ocean route is chopped up and covered in steel plates, so I did a short inland route - 30 minutes. It was a very nice ride.

i went to a networking event last night. I don't really like to eat at those, since I get messy can't figure out how to eat a piece of food on a long skewer without stabbing myself in the throat so I had 3 shrimp and some sort of roll. I stopped at Upper Crust for a slice of pizza on the way home. It was lovely.

This morning breakfast was a yogurt and a spoonful of almond butter. I had nothing to bring for lunch so I'm nibbling on some raisins and sunflower seeds. I'm hungry, but it's making me work faster so I can be done and go get some food. I think with the short week I didn't plan my lunches very well.

My office mates have decided to not work on Fridays this summer, and since it would be a waste of electricity to have just me here, I've decided to join them in non-working Fridays. That means I can build my chicken coop, work in my garden, do yoga, lie in the yard with the dog, swim, bike, read, sleep, whatever. It will also force me to work much more efficiently during the week, which is what I really need. Ah, fourteen 3-day weekends, what bliss.

I think I have to scrounge around in the cupboards here and find some soup or something for lunch...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NONWORKING FRIDAY?

that's such a gift.

hooray!
(I gotta get me some of them :))