Monday, May 12, 2008

mmm, scallops


I just ate my lunch. Due to my early rising, I ate breakfast early, and was hungry for lunch earlier, and now my lunch is gone. It was very yummy. It was more scallops, a romaine heart chopped small (there are few things I hate more than gigantic pieces of lettuce), 1 tsp. olive oil, 1/2 cup of bulgar wheat, and a few green olives and some salt and pepper. According to Sparkpeople, it was 433 calories, 7 grams of fat, 7 grams of fiber. That is usually what my lunches are.  I should have brought a second yogurt, since I think I will be hungry later. But, I will pick one up when I run out in a few minutes to see if the local printer can make me some new envelopes, since I seem to have run out of my printed-letterhead envelopes. How professional! 

I think I am going to buy a food scale, since I really am estimating my meat intake.  I divide the total weight by the small piece, but I would like to be precise until I can eyeball it myself.  

I am noticing my stomach muscles in the mirror now, the sides near the ribs. I guess those planks are working.  Of course, there is still the layer of fat covering everything, but when that fat is gone, there will be some lovely definition.  My arms are coming along more slowly. I've been measuring them and they aren't really getting smaller, whereas the torso and legs are going down.  

But I guess this counting calories and purposeful moving and lifting and squating and crunching and biking and planning and measuring really does work. 

No comments: