Friday, May 9, 2008

The Early Bird



Those are the little birds that live above my front door. I keep hearing them chirp, so this morning after my bike ride I stood on a bench to take a peek. I took a photo without a flash so I didn't hurt their little bird eyes. They didn't make a noise while I was up there (only for a minute, the bench was not very good for standing), but their mom or dad was flying around getting very annoyed because I was holding up breakfast.

What does this have to do with fitness? Well, it is these little birdies and their 176 friends who sing to me each morning starting at around 5 a.m. about how beautiful the day is and how I really should get up and have coffee and wake up so that I can come join them. So, I do and they are right.

Lunch was chicken and cuban black beans and about 1/4 cup of farro (what was left in the pot.)

No comments: