Friday, July 10, 2009

A wonderful day & my favorite dinner

Today was a lovely day. I had a massage from a fantastic masseuse who can get her fingers in between all the muscle fibers and just relax everything. Then in my fog of relaxation I got all my errands done and came home to make dinner.

Shrimp & Veggie Delight

(Serves 1, of me at least)

6 oz raw shrimp
1 tsp olive oil
1 large leek, rinsed and chopped (only the white part)
1+ cup of chopped red or green cabbage
1+ cup chopped mushrooms
(other yummy veggies - zucchini, broccoli, garlic scapes, onion)
clove of garlic
1 tsp. butter
1/2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
1/2 cup cooked whole wheat coucous

Cook shrimp in olive oil with crushed red pepper and a little salt for two minutes. Remove from pan.
Add leeks, mushrooms, cabbage or whatever veggies you are using. Sprinkle with a little more salt, pepper and saute until soft and cooked.
Add shrimp back in, add butter and cheese. Put couscous in a bowl, put shrimp & veggies on top.

Calories: 500. Fat: 16g. Carbs: 41. Protein: 48. Fiber 7. Deliciousness: 11.

Enjoy with a glass of cold rose' or a beer.


No comments: