Monday, July 6, 2009

Dinner Decisions

My snack supply got me through my day and evening at work. I had the mini almond butter & jam sandwich at about 5:45 and now it's 8:30 and I'm waiting for the hard boiled eggs to cool so I can have some egg salad with chopped jalapenos. Yum! 3 eggs, 1 T mayo and a few tablespoons chopped, pickled jalapenos, with lots of salt and pepper.

And still, with a glass of wine, within my cals for the day.

I was lucky that I knew I'd be at work late and could plan the whole day in advance.

And because what's a food blog without photos, here are some recent ones:
Today's lunch, the veggie tart with carrot sticks.
I think this is the ingredients in the veggie tart: broccoli, onion, zucchini, 1 mushroom.
2 weekends ago in Franconia, NH. The arrival meal - Stacey's Baked Pita Chips, hummus, and a nice cold Rose' wine.
The ingredients in the bacon veggie tart - bacon, red & green cabbage, zucchini, onion. Do you see a theme here?

I tend to make a dish to death when I discover it. I inherited this from my father who does the same thing. But I feel like it helps me perfect it and exercises my creative mind to figure out how many different iterations of veggie tart I can make. I'm guessing with all the veggies still to harvest there will be many kinds - tomato and basil with fresh mozzarella tart, anyone?

No comments: