Sunday, July 19, 2009

Need to go North

Another Blue Hills hike today. Same route, but started at 8:20 a.m. which is a much nicer starting time than 10:30 a.m. - fewer people, but still enough so that I'm not the only one there, not as hot and there's a lot of day left when I'm done.

But I think I'm done there for now. I need to take my pack and sticks and head north. A two hour drive to Mt. Monadnock will be a good next step. It can be crowded, but hopefully if I got there by 8:30 (which would mean leaving at 6:30, up at 5? eep) it would be ok. And not all of the trails are as heavily traveled.

Rest of the day was farmer's market and house work. Made some polenta with roasted farm stand veggies - new onions, fresh garlic, summer squash and some non-farm potatoes.

Now I'm sleepy, preparing the house for the week and hopefully asleep shortly after 9.

No comments: