Monday, July 27, 2009

13.5

13.5 miles this morning. A soaking rain around mile 10 was heaven-sent. My average speed went up by 1 mph to 12.5 mph. I ride on my hybrid which is slower than my road bike but feels more stable and the tires are less prone to flats. And I sit up straighter so I can look around at all the new places I've never been.

I'm going to try calorie cycling this week, in an attempt to get past this plateau. The theory is that you eat the same amount of calories over a week, but you vary the amount you eat per day:
Monday-----1784
Tuesday-----1427
Wed ---------2141
Thursday----1784
Friday--------1606
Saturday-----1962
Sunday ------1784

We'll see how that goes.

Zumba is on Thursday and this week is supposed to be a tad humid. Will hope for a few more bike rides. The key seems to be putting on my bike clothes as soon as I get up, and getting the bike out while the coffee brews. Then I sit and have coffee and breakfast and water and then go biking. Then after showering I will have second breakfast and make lunch.

Hope your week is starting out well!

No comments: