Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Third Day, same as the Second


(pineapple for today's lunch. the lentils, rice & collards weren't as pretty.)

Still feeling good. My pear and tea held me over until around 10 when I had my bananas. I'm hungrier for lunch earlier now, so I'm having pineapple and lentils with rice and collards. And stopping between bites to breathe and digest, so I don't just shovel it all in and then feel hungry still.

The only weird thing I feel is my eyes - they feel sort of itchy and puffy. Not in an allergy way, I'm not sure what it is. It's been like that for a couple of days.

Also, the cleanse has not cured my insomnia. I was awak from 2:30 to 4 am this morning. I keep catching parts of an interview with Temple Grandin that airs on the BBC around that time but I always fall asleep before it ends.

In continuing with my mini-retreat, I have an acupuncture appointment today to try to help with the insomnia. I went last week, too, so hopefully the cumulative treatments will help.

P.S. I want candy.

No comments: