Monday, April 12, 2010

The Comfort of Cauliflower

As I was getting my massage this afternoon (heavenly!) I was thinking about dinner. I was imagining coming home and steaming a head of cauliflower and eating it with some Braggs Amino Acids. So I did.

My goodness! Who would ever have thought I'd be dreaming about cauliflower. And that having it (and just it!) for dinner would satisfy me?

This time of day is definitely hardest for me. I'm used to breakfast and lunch being set meals, with fixed servings. But dinner time tends to be when I pick and sip and nosh. So, sitting and feeling my full stomach, breathing and knowing that the cauliflower and everything else I ate today can sustain me. (I will say though, that at 75 calories for 3 cups, cauliflower is not one of the heartier veggies.) I had about 1/2 cup of milk too. Because I love it.

Lunch was lentils & rice (1 cup), pineapple, 2 cups strawberries and 1/2 cup eggplant.

Nutrition roundup for the day:

Calories: 838

Fat: 8 grams

Carbs: 187 grams.

Protein: 25 grams.

Fiber: 35 grams.

I had coffee this morning and actually missed my yogi tea, so I'll be returning to that tomorrow. And grains are officially introduced tomorrow so my day will look pretty much like today, except that I want to go to yoga after work so I may have some muesli cereal before class for energy.

I'm going to go for my evening walk. And may have a banana or something. I feel like I need a few more calories.

ETA: Had a banana and a glass of milk. Feel mostly human again. Went for a walk. Am planning to eat the same breakfast and lunch tomorrow, with the addition of collards at lunch, so I don't have to give things too much thought. Unless I am inspired in the morning. Now I just want sleep.

No comments: