Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Yoga-day!

So, as I mentioned the yoga studio near my house is having their grand opening this week and they are doing free classes this weekend with some half-hour classes so you can try different styles.

I first went to an Anusara style classe which is billed as a joyful, heart-opening class. Who doesn't need that? It was opposite a kid's class, which was fun because while I was in the room by myself waiting for class (and doing a couple of carthwheels) a swarm of children rushed in and their energy burst about the room until they were ushered into their classroom. That was a fun start. We just did some standing poses and some twists, and the teacher gave really good adjustments and helped me get further into the poses than I was going on my own. There were only 2 students, so we got very good attention.

The second class was Viniyoga for the lower back. I often get a weird pain in my right hip so this was helpful to me. Again, there were only 2 people in the class so we got individual attention. It's not my favorite style, but it was good to realize that bridge pose is helpful and that I should do it more often.

Then I came home and made a very good leek and mushroom fritatta that I ate before I could photograph.

May be returning to the 5pm restorative class. Yum!

No comments: