Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Love Bread

My love of bread pretty much explains the extra 30 pounds. Which is why I've been trying to keep it out of the house. Pita bread is fine to have because it doesn't taste like much and I can throw it in the freezer and be done. But last night I bought a baguette at Whole Foods (because I needed something to put the pate on) and proceeded to eat 1/4 of it in the car on the way home. And then another half of it with pate over the course of the evening, and will pretty much finish off the last bit today somehow, like at breakfast with butter on it maybe.

I did put everything into Sparkpeople, and over the course of the week I still come out ok, but mindful eating is a valuable skill I still am working on.

But, while it is delicious and certainly fine to have in moderation, I suppose it would be best to find small baguettes to bring home, or freezer portions in the freezer, or keep the groceries in the back of the car while I drive home.

Although, now that I'm sufficiently carb-loaded, maybe a hike would be a good thing.

I did also buy kiwis and apples and have lots of collards and veggies to get me through the week. And time to cook brown rice today.

No comments: