Thursday, April 22, 2010

Overrated


I made spaghetti squash tonight, following this recipe. I kept seeing food bloggers rave about it, but I should have realized that since half of them have eating disorders what they really love about it is the fact that 2 cups of it have 84 calories, not that it actually tastes good. It looked good coming out of the oven. I had doused it in salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil, and added butter and parmesan cheese when it was done but it tasted like watery strands of nothingness. In the future, if I want spaghetti, I'll eat spaghetti. And if I want squash, I'll have butternut or delicata which actually taste good.

Fortunately I also had some hummus and pita for dinner and am about to start in on an artichoke. Yum.

I'm going to work on some inversion practice tonight. Headstands, handstands, etc. http://www.yogajournal.com/podcast/

Edited to Add: Headstand - yes; Handstand - no, although lots of practice kicking up; wheel - yes once and no once. Progress not perfection. And hurting myself to get into a pose isn't going to help. It's the journey, not the destination. And other things that mean I'm not quite there yet.

No comments: