Monday, April 26, 2010

Giving Up

I have somehow gained 5 pounds. My net loss for this last month of work and dedication: plus one pound. Nice.

So, I'm giving up. No, I'm not giving up yoga (except for tonight since my calves have been killing me all day after my hike yesterday, which is making me walk funny and further bothering my knee), or hiking, and I'm not giving up my healthy eating, but I'm giving up weight loss as a goal. Because, really, it's a stupid goal. Of all the things I want to do, my weight has nothing to do with them. And having that be the thing that I'm thinking about and getting discouraged about just isn't productive. And I weigh the same whether I work on it or not.

These are the things I want to do, and you'll notice that none of them require me to be 30 pounds lighter:
1. Figure out what the twinge in my knee is from & how to make it not get worse,
2. Continue working on my arm strength,
3. Get up into hand stand,
4. Get up into forearm balance,
5. Get up into wheel pose,
6. Hike at least 2 weekends a month,
7. Go rock climbing,
8. Climb Mt. Washington again,
9. Climb a smaller mountain than Mt. Washington,
10. Walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain and then stay here. Not because I'm particularly religious, but because I think walking across Spain and then staying in a lovely old renovated hotel would be awesome. That's a long term goal. Maybe when I'm 50.

I made these cookies and they are awesome. And healthy - almond butter, oats, whole wheat flour, maple syrup, yum!

No comments: