Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mid-day Musings

Lunch today is whole wheat couscous, broccoli and part of a sirloin tip. I made the steak and broccoli this morning - about 6 oz. of steak, and 2 heads of broccoli (not huge, and it shrinks), seared with a little olive oil, Braggs soy sauce, and some hot pepper sesame oil. As I was putting the mixture into my little green bowl, I decided that I would leave about 1/4 of it behind, for later, so as to not fill the bowl all the way to the top. Now I am eating it, and it is so tasty that I could eat it very fast and then be sad when I was done (or I could have brought all of it, eaten it fast, and been full and feeling yucky when I was done.) But, because there is not a huge amount of it, I am eating it very slowly so that I can appreciate it.

I also brought just a 1/2 ounce of chocolate for dessert, because I think it will be just as satisfying as a whole ounce (and it was!), and I'll have some later if I feel like it.

Lunch was 435 calories.

No comments: