Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Skewer of Egrets

No, not what I ate for dinner last night. That is apparently one of the collective nouns used when referring to a group of egrets, and what I saw this morning at 5:45 a.m. They were flying, rather clumsily, from one side of the road to the other, since the marsh is cut in half by the road. There were 10 or so, all white and slim with their black legs. Quite a sight to behold.

Then when I was in the yard with the dog, I finally spotted the woodpecker that I've been hearing for the past few weeks.

What does this have to do with fitness and getting in shape? Well, I only saw these things because I was up so early and outside. And I wanted to be up that early and outside. Even when getting up early meant leaving this:

Well, the dog is easy to leave. He's a bit insane.

Breakfast soon - probably eggs with some veggies, then a walk. And maybe this 20 minute yoga video
View not cut-off version on the Yoga Journal Website. 

No comments: