Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fitting Your Routine Into Your Life, and Not The Other Way Around

A new routine is very easy to keep if you have no interuptions and unlimited time to make sure all the parts of the routine are completed.  For example, it was very easy for most of the week for me to keep my routine of going to bed at 8:30pm or so, getting up at 5:30 and keeping my workout schedule on track.  However, there is a certain young man whose company I like to keep, and keeping that company involves driving two towns over, which means my "schedule" gets adjusted.  

So I was not up at 5:30 this morning, I wasn't even home until 6:45. But this does not mean that I will cut out my workout for this morning, or that I stopped for donuts on the way home since I didn't have time to make breakfast. Nope, it just means things get shifted a little.  I'll check my work schedule and see if getting in a half hour later would cause problems (probably not) and then I just go about my morning routine.  

I am still not hungry for breakfast, it might have been the bread from last night that is keeping me full.  So I think I'll walk soon and then eat when I get home. I'm going out to lunch again today, not sure where.  

1 comment:

Loo said...

GOOD GIRL for not letting man time interfere with taking care of YOU!

:)

Amy