Monday, May 17, 2010

Putting Myself Down for a Nap

I had the best nap today. I worked in the morning but was feeling all out of sorts in the afternoon. I came home and decided to take a nap. I slept from 3:30 to 4:40 which seems to be the perfect time for a nap, because you can wake up at 4:30 and have plenty of time for a trip to the grocery store and then yoga!

I must have needed the nap because I actually fell asleep. Sometimes, I just lie there, deeply relaxed but not relaxed enough to sleep. The last 2 days I have actually slept, which I think is good progress.

Class was good. They are starting to fill up now, which is good for the studio. We did some balance poses which I need to work on, and urdhva dhanurasana (upward bow, or wheel) which I love now. I feel so strong and good in it. We had a rushed handstand time, which I couldn't do after a few tries so I did headstand instead just to have some nice upside down time. I wish she'd given us more time to work on things. It wasn't the owner, who usually does give us lots of time to work on new things.

What else? I did not eat one vegetable today. Breakfast was rice and hard boiled eggs. Second breakfast was rice and a hard boiled egg. Lunch was cheese ravioli from the farmer's market. Post yoga snack was pita and hummus and an english muffin with goat cheese. Not sure what today's extremely unbalanced eating was about, but I got some broccoli rabe and leeks and yogurt and I know the rest of the week will balance out.

Also, I keep stepping on the scale because I think that something must change there. But it doesn't. I will take the battery out tonight. Then I can still step on it and will be about as useful as it was before.

No comments: