Thursday, May 6, 2010

Miss Mat

Finally returned to yoga class today after 5 day absence. I thought it might be a low key class since the teacher had a broken toe and another student had a fused spine. But no. No breaks for the poor, black-fly-bitten slacker.

I don't know if it's because we were in a smaller room so it was warmer, or if it's because the class was more intense, but I was sweating more than I normally do. Like rolling down my forehead sweat. It was nice.

We did Vishu's Couch today. Side Reclining Leg Lift. Looks easy enough, right? Well, it wasn't the getting the leg part up that I had trouble with, I couldn't get myself to balance on my side for the life of me. It was like I was lying on one of those logs in a lake that you can run on (or slip violently off of). Definitely need to practice my side balancing. The teacher never lets me get used to anything, she is always keeping me on my toes!

And my homework is to do more forearm plank and headstands, and to build up the time I spend in head stand so that my trapezius and lats get stronger so I can eventually get up into forearm balance. And work on my core.

But right now I'm having wine, bread and butter for dinner.

No comments: