Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Compromise

I meant to go to yoga class. But as the day went on I realized I just wanted to go home. Like, really just wanted to go home. So, I gave myself permission to go home, with the compromise that I'd use the time wisely by cooking, and doing some yoga later in the evening. And cleaning the kitchen while watching the Biggest Loser, of course.

I made whole wheat pasta, needing something other than brown rice this week I think. While that was cooking I sauteed sliced chicken thighs, added chopped cabbage, capers, a little Parmesan and then just some milk with cornstarch to make a nice sauce. Salting each layer lightly (and the pasta water heavily) makes such a difference in the flavor. I ate half, and half is lunch tomorrow.


I also roasted some cubed butternut squash for dessert. Just some oil, salt a pepper on 400 for about 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Again, eating half and packing half for lunch tomorrow.


Dinner over, getting up off the couch and going to wash dishes with the Biggest Loser folks.

No comments: