Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lamb Chops on a Bed of Mashed Potatoes

No, this was not last night's dinner. This was how the yoga teacher said we'd feel in one of the restorative poses, supported supta badakonasana (reclining bound angle) with our backs, heads, legs, knees and arms all supported on blankets.

It was a restorative class from 7:30 - 9pm. I had done my more intense practice at home - practicing lots of plank and forearm plank, headstand, bridge and prepping for wheel pose to strengthen my arms.

The class itself was all restorative - gentle poses held for a few minutes each. By the end of it we were like noodles, and I wished there was someone to drive me home. I slept like a rock.

Today's class is Level 2/3. No lamb chops and mashed potatoes.

A dreary rainy day which means that after yoga I can come home and cook and clean and maybe plan for a small hike tomorrow.

No comments: