Thursday, June 4, 2009

Well, Hello There

I tried to make a smoothie this morning out of greek yogurt and frozen blueberries and raspberries. It needs work. I think greek yogurt is too thick for smoothies and I had no orange juice to thin it out, so I added a little water. It's rather tart. But it's full of antioxidents and fiber, so I guess it will do. 

I've taken to rolling out of bed and onto the floor to do my sit-ups in the morning. That way I'm sure to get them done.  Then the dog and I go for a walk, (I bring my coffee in a travel mug) and we both have a nice start to the day. 

Things I'm learning: 
1. Avocados are delicious, and have fiber in them. 

2. Sparkpeople has a free iPhone app! 

3. A 20 minute walk in the a.m. +  a 20 minute walk in the evening + 25 minutes of yoga before bed = over an hour of exercise effortlessly integrated into the day! 

4. If I don't have about 900 calories between breakfast, lunch and a snack I come home from work famished and cranky.  Knowing this, I can make sure to plan so that I have enough calories throughout the day, and can prepare dinner at a normal pace. 


No comments: