Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm in Cleveland, Metaphorically, But Not For Long!


You know when you start out on a road trip, like from Boston to San Francisco, and you're all excited. You stock up on everything you need - snacks, water, music, maps, money and you hit the road in high spirits determined to get to your destination. And then after a while, you're in Cleveland. Your water is gone, your snacks are lost under the seat, your legs hurt, you're tired, you're hungry and you have to pee. And you're in Cleveland.

So what do you do when you end up in Cleveland? Do you think, "well I tried to get to California and I failed, I guess I'll go home." Do you think "It's going to take me a really long time to get to California. Cleveland seems nice. I think I'll just stay here." Or do you say "Let's find a hotel, clean out the car, restock our snacks in the morning, fill the gas tank and get the heck out of Cleveland!"

Well, I'm getting out of Cleveland (and leaving .6 pounds behind from my 2 week stay here). No offense to those who like it, but I'm outta here. I have restocked my kitchen with fruit and fish, will be picking up some veggies tomorrow at the farmer's market, will be drinking more water even when I'm at home (for some reason I only remember to drink water when I'm out and about), and will be biking or walking or yogaing this weekend no matter what the skies decide to throw at me.

Goodbye Cleveland, I'll see you in Davenport! (wait, that doesn't sound right.) I'll see you in Des Moines! (hmm, not really feeling that either.) You know what, I'm just going to be driving west on Rte. 80, beep if you see me.

No comments: