Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Tale of Two Dinners

Last night when I got home from work I was hungry, so I set about making some fajitas - kale, turnips greens, broccoli, onions, peppers and shrimp. The green things had seen better days and needed to be eaten. I had eaten one when my Boy called and said that he had just gone on a long bike ride and wanted to go to dinner. I told him I'd eaten some, but that I'd join him anyway. We went to a little restaurant and he had a burger and fries and I had a bowl of steamed mussels. They were so good, and the perfect complement to my earlier meal.

Leftover fajita fillings are for lunch, probably with some brown rice.

I found a bag of clothes that I had put in the closet because the jeans stopped fitting me. They fit me now, but some of them are too short, and some have a fit that is not quite right so I might have to donate them anyway - but it was nice to find smaller clothes that fit me.

Breakfast was oatmeal with the usual fixings. And now I'm going for a walk with the dog.

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I intentionally stretch out my meals sometimes. It seems to help keep the 'hungries' at bay.

Yaay on the smaller clothes! That's always a big morale builder!