Saturday, June 19, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On


I forgot to write about my Thursday night yoga class. I was the only one there (so sad how many folks are missing out on this amazing studio) and she had planned hip openers and ab work. Perfect for the pre-bike ride. I should do more ab stuff at home, my core is not very strong and it will help with so many of my poses.

We did a bunch of ab work, and in supta padangustasana (reclining hand to big toe pose) I was able to hold my toe instead of using a strap. That's progress. And when we were doing standing padangustasana at the wall, I was much stronger than I'd been in the past.

We worked on hanumanasana, monkey splits, and some pigeon. Which is still one of my favorite poses.

My quads are kind of sore and tight today. I thought I was going to skip yoga, but then I realized that the reason I want to skip is because I'm afraid I'll be weak and fall over in class, which probably isn't going to happen. My pride was trying to keep me from going after feeling like such a failure in last week's class.

So, I'm going to go to Level 2/3 this morning, and then go back for the Yin Workshop this afternoon. Because life is short and bodies are made to move.
"Treat your body like an instrument rather than an ornament" ~ Alanis Morrissette

No comments: