Friday, June 18, 2010

Forty Eight


Things I learned on my 48 mile bike ride along the Cape Cod Rail Trail today.
  1. Sunscreen needs to be reapplied after swimming at mile 24.
  2. Swimming at mile 24 is awesome, even if you are swimming in your biking clothes.
  3. There are maybe 4 enjoyable miles during a 48 mile bike ride.
  4. The best parts of a ride like this are planning it and being done with it.
  5. Padded biking gloves make all the difference in the world.
  6. Yoga helps make your wrists stronger.
  7. Yoga helps make your quads stronger.
  8. Bringing clean dry clothes for the ride home are the key to a good post-ride experience.
  9. Changing into your post-ride clothes in a parking lot is easier if you have a dress.
  10. Swearing and cursing and calling on Jesus helps get you through some tough miles.
  11. If I ever think I want to do this again, please flatten my tires and take away my shoes.

No comments: