Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

I'm reading back over my Sparkpeople Journals from last year at this time, to see what I was eating, when I was exercising, to try to get back on track. I appeared to eat a lot of egggs, oat meal, chick peas, shrimp, beets and couscous. It's nice to have the old meals to look back on, so that I can just recreate them now instead of trying to figure it all out from scratch again.

A Series of Unfortunate Events last year caused my weight to be the least important thing. It still isn't important, but what is is being strong and flexible and healthy - and getting in touch with what and how much and when I eat is part of that. As is remembering when I used to exercise, and learning to make it part of my life again. And I know that using something that tracks what I do really works for me. It works for getting my work done at my job, and it works for making sure I'm doing what I need to do at home.

My sneakers are sitting by the door, with my socks on them. I remember that having my socks near my sneakers helped me get out and walk. So, I keep a basket of socks by the door so I don't have to go back upstairs for socks when I want to walk.

Then I have to think about what to have for lunch. I have broccoli, some pork, some pickles and maybe a banana, too.

I'm going to commit to blogging here at least once a day for the remainder of April. And I'm going to commit to tracking at least one meal a day on Sparkpeople until the end of April. And I'm going to commit to going for a walk at 8a.m. this morning.

1 comment:

Loo said...

Hooray! Good to have you back! XOXOX