Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Evening

I loved having all my meals planned out today. I took some time last night to plan out breakfast (raisin bran and milk) lunch: 1/2 cup of pinto beans, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup of roasted cauliflower and broccoli. 


And then dinner: 

I made about 5 oz. of the steak, 3 of the potatoes and a little more than 1/2 the asparagus. The veggies were drizzled with oil and roasted on high heat for about 25 minutes. The steak was seared on a stove top grill about 3 minutes per side. It is very tasty and filling and goes fantastically with the Sam Adams Scotch Ale. 

I also have some dough rising from the No-Knead Recipe from The New York Times. I started it last night, and it will be done tonight. I make it with 1/3 white, 1/3 whole wheat, and 1/3 rye flour. The rye doesn't add that weird rye flavor, but it does add more flavor.  Dessert may be a small slice with butter. 
And in case any one is interested in the calorie counts: 
Breakfast: around 300. 
Lunch: around 350 
Snack: orange at work (90) hardboiled egg upon arriving home (80) 
Dinner, including beer and bread: 850. Since I tend to eat more at night when left to my own devices, I usually find that scheduling more of my calories for the evenings works better when I'm tracking. 
Calories were 50% from carbs, 25% from fat, 25% from protein. 

I am still working on getting back on track with my working out. I started to do yoga this morning but 15 minutes into it I got annoyed and stopped.  I'm not worried. I know that it will turn into a habit again if I keep doing it. And if I can get up at 6 every morning so I have 1 hour for coffee and waking up, 1 hour for exercise and writing, and then an hour to get ready and get to work. 

No comments: