Sunday, April 12, 2009

Preparing for the Week

I'm preparing my fridge and myself for the week ahead. By making everything myself, I know what's in it and can easily track it in Sparkpeople.  
Some hard boiled eggs for a quick snack.

Asparagus that has been washed and the ends snapped off. I chopped half of it for steaming and adding to lunches, and left the rest whole for roasting for dinner.


An assortment of citrus for breakfast and lunches.

Pinto Beans. This recipe from The Pioneer Woman is so simple and so delicious. It has a couple of chopped up bacon ends in it for flavor. They are simmering away on the stove right now and smell heavenly.

Brown rice is on the stove, too. Made with veggie bullion.

Roasted broccoli and cauliflower, adapted from The Amateur Gourmet. This recipe is fantastic, I don't usually add cheese because I forget, but it's amazing if you add some shrimp to make a dinner.
This is my trusty little scale.  
And these are the chicks that I went and visited at the feed store. I'm getting 6 (0r maybe 8) in a month or so, so that I can have fresh eggs and cute little friends who run around my yard saying bock-bock. 

No comments: