Friday, April 10, 2009

Pizza and Beer and Shake Your Soul

That's what I had for dinner last night, and managed to still get happy green check marks from Sparkpeople. I make my own pizza, so I know exactly what goes it in and can easily track the calories, etc. I brought 1/3 of a batch of dough over to The Boy's house and we made mushroom and onion pizza. And had Mayflower Golden Ale. It was the perfect combo.

And I can't remember if I ever told you how much I loved my trip to Kripalu last fall, but I have found a program I want to return for: Tribal Jam. 5 days of dancing my little heart out. I used to look at the Kripalu YogaDance/Danskinetics as something "other" people did. And when I was there for 5 days in the fall, the first day I thought "I'm not doing that, it will be a bunch of weird people dancing around." But then the friends I'd made convinced me to go. Our teacher was Daniel Leven of Shake Your Soul. It's hard to describe, but I can say that my life changed while I was dancing. I actually had the thoughts "if everyone did this, there would be no war" and "I think my life's purpose is to dance." That's how good it makes you feel - good enough that your brain thinks weird things and you don't find them weird at all.

When I came back home I searched for more YogaDance and found it. Granted it was an hour away but I didn't care. The instructor has live drummers to lead our dancing, and we move and sweat and laugh and dance.  

Breakfast is toast and butter, lunch - the remaining 2 oz. of pulled pork, whole wheat cous cous, green beans & okra. Yum. 

No comments: