Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Salutations

I went to the organic farm yesterday. They have eggs out at 11 am on Saturdays, but since there is usually a big line for them I decided to go at 11:30 and not bother with the eggs. Well, when I got there they were down to 2 bunches of kale! which I quickly bagged up, and then I turned around to see what else they had and there was a dozen eggs left! What luck! I also got some arugula, and garlic scapes which are the top of the garlic plant and a nice mild addition to a salad or stirfry. So, lunch was tofu, kale, garlic scapes, 1/2 a zucchini and an egg, over a bit of brown rice that I finally got around to making. It was very good. And I got a little bunch of sweet pea blossoms.

I walked yesterday for a bit, nothing strenuous, and I lifted my hand weights.

This morning I did 45 minutes of a 90 minute vinyasa flow with Seane Corn. I've embedded the video here so you can see that she talks quite fast and is much more intense then the soothing calm of Shiva Rea that I'm used to.


But the practice was nice once she settled down. She was good about making sure you were in the correct position of a pose before moving on, which is what I like. It was a sweaty workout, which was probably a combination of the actual workout and the humidity.

The plan for the day is to go to my mom's for a party, with the Boy and the Girl, and the rest of the family.

No comments: