Monday, October 27, 2008

Kale, Egg and Tofu Dinner

Last night's dinner was a mix of things from the freezer and the fridge.  It started with a chopped up bunch of frozen kale.  I stocked up on this stuff over the summer at the farm stand, and will hopefully be able to get a few more bunches before they close for the season. I like the flat leaf kind the best, then the dinosaur kale, then the curly kind. I take it home and peel it off the stalks, and then put it in a zip lock bag and freeze it. I don't blanch it or anything, and it seems to work out fine. 

Then some tofu was pressed and fried with some rice (I cook a big batch of rice over the weekend and then eat it all week).   

The kale was added after the tofu was a little brown, then I sprinkled on some hot sesame oil (which I couldn't really taste) and a little teriyaki sauce and then added an egg at the end and dotted it with some sriracha sauce.  

The tofu did not have much flavor, since I didn't marinate it in anything and the bit of bacon fat I added to the pan didn't flavor it either.  But, it tasted fine and the texture was good. 

No comments: