Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Slug Peers Out Into The Bright Sunlight

Spring is here! It always returns.

I went for my second bike ride of the season today. I went on Wed. on the mountain bike which is heavy and sluggish (a bit like me). But a half hour later my lungs and legs were feeling primed for a spring and summer of flying down the road ways.

Today's ride was on my 10-speed, which is almost 20 years old. I bought it in high school and in the intervenening years I have replaced the seat (post broke going over a pot hole in California), the wheels (stolen when I lived in a sketchy apartment building in CA), the sprockets and brakes and cables and chain (sort of necessary after 20 years). It rides like a dream now and brings me much joy.

Yesterday was more sun and walking 6 miles around Boston. My poor feet have blisters on the bottom despite my good choice of footwear. I want to go to YogaDance tonight and am hoping that I can dance ok despite my injuries.

I have a brisket to cook and want to make this lentil and eggplant dish and hang all the bed clothes out on the line to freshen up in the sun.

Happy Spring!

No comments: