Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trying Again to Love Oatmeal

I made oatmeal for breakfast. I really want to love it. But sometime it just grosses me out and doesn't fill me up for long enough. And the thought of adding trail mix or raisins or berries didn't appeal to me. So I decided to just throw a bunch of stuff in it and see what happened.

I started off the with my standard of butter and molasses, but then decided I needed more protein, so I added a tablespoon of peanut butter. I also added about a teaspoon of ground flax seed, and then about a teaspoon of sunflower seeds for a little bit of crunch.

It is quite tasty actually, and I might just be able to love oatmeal after all. This is not an every day breakfast at 450 calories and 25 grams of fat, but it also has 13 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber, and it should get me through all my morning errands and a walk at World's End.

(ok, I've had about 5 spoonfulls and I'm full already. This might be the type of breakfast that I graze on all morning. Or if I can figure out how to turn it into a bar, I could carry it with me when I go out.)

No comments: